DNDi began working in Japan in 2004, by establishing projects and providing support to developing discovery projects, in better positioning DNDi within the country, as well as with fundraising activities. Based in Tokyo, DNDi Japan is strengthening its presence in the country by expanding its relationships with academia, pharmaceutical companies, government, and media.
- CpG-D35 for CL
- Mitsubishi-Tanabe Hit-to-lead for Chagas and leishmaniasis
- New benznidazole regimens
- NTD Drug Discovery Booster Hit-to-lead
- S07 series
- Screening Chagas disease and leishmaniasis
3F Parkwest Bldg
Tel: +81 3 6258 0303
Fax: +81 3 5937 6977
- Access: Supported DNDi’s global access activities for NTDs thanks to Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Partnerships: Collaborated with Mitsubishi Tanabe and GHIT Fund to screen compounds for leishmaniasis and Chagas disease; and with Eisai, Takeda, and Daiichi Sankyo in an antimicrobial resistance screening consortium
- Advocacy: Cast the spotlight on NTDs at the 7th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD7) with JAGntd and GHIT Fund; leveraged the political momentum on AMR, resulting in a pledge of JPY 1 billion to GARDP from Japan
- Welcomed new Japanese R&D partners Astellas and Daiichi-Sankyo RD Novare to join DNDi drug discovery projects with funding support from the GHIT Fund.
- Moved a new drug candidate for visceral leishmaniasis (DNDI-5561, developed with Takeda) into pre-clinical development with additional funding of JPY 600 million (approximately EUR 5 million) from the GHIT Fund.
- Supported the successful launch of a Japanese neglected tropical disease (NTD) network (JAGntd) to promote Japan’s contribution to the global effort to control and eliminate NTDs.
- Launched a new screening project to support the discovery of potential new compounds effective against antimicrobial-resistant bacteria, in partnership with Japanese R&D partners Eisai and Takeda.
- NTD Drug Discovery Booster presented with Japanese pharmaceutical partners at the Annual Meeting of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan
- Official side event on NTDs at the Universal Health Coverage Forum in partnership with Uniting to Combat NTDs, Nagasaki and St Luke’s International Universities
- Renewed support of GHIT Fund to projects on leishmaniasis, Chagas disease, and eumycetoma
- Participation in the GGG (GHIT Fund, Gavi, Global Fund) high-level round table prepares policy inputs for the G7 Ise-Shima Summit.
- Strategy on Drug Development for Neglected Tropical Diseases’ symposium features at the 89th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Pharmacological Society
- TICAD6 post-event in Kenya gives massive impulse to science, technology, and innovation collaboration between Africa and Japan, with DNDi input.
- DNDi seminar in Tokyo for academia, government representatives, and media highlights need to address mycetoma.
- GHIT Fund supports DNDi’s cutaneous leishmaniasis and screening projects.