Version 15 June 2020
What’s in these terms?
Who we are and how to contact us
There are other terms that may apply to you
The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity and Contact data including first name, maiden name, last name, marital status, title, employer’s name, function, date of birth, gender, photograph, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial data including bank account and payment card details
- Profile data including your username and password that you may create while using some of our websites mentioned above, your interests, communication preferences
- Technical data including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet, online identifiers, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through, and from our websites (including date and time). We may also collect information relating to page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
- Job application data includes the content you upload onto our websites (CV, cover letter, diplomas and other HR documents) which will be considered confidential and proprietary.he content you upload onto our websites (CV, cover letter, diplomas and other HR documents) which will be considered confidential and proprietary
Ways we collect data about you
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Profile Job application data by filling in forms on our websites or mobile applications or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, social media, in person or otherwise.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties (including for example, suppliers of technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search engine providers) and public sources. We will only solicit and use information that We receive about you from third parties for the purposes listed below.
Why we use your personal data
We use information held about you to:
- communicate with you;
- carry out any obligations from any contracts entered into between you and us and provide you with information and services that you request from us;
- process any donation you make;
- process any job application you make;
- process any reports you will record in our whistleblowing platform EQS;
- administer our websites and for internal analytical and technical purposes, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- provide access to such services and interactive features on our websites that you have subscribed to and to notify you of any changes;
- improve our websites and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and use efforts to keep our websites safe and secure;
- for activities necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party);
- comply with a legal obligation.
How we share your personal data
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any DNDi regional offices, or associated DNDi entities, and any entity set up for the business of the GARDP Foundation, on a world-wide basis to the extent that they need to have access to your personal data for the purposes set out in the above section. The sharing of data between GARPD Foundation and DNDi and hosting of GARDP IS systems by DNDi is regulated by the collaboration agreement between these two parties;
- suppliers and service providers to the extent necessary to maintain and support our websites or for the performance of any contract We enter into with you or them;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
- providers of customer relationship management, e-mail distribution, and fundraising services.
They are all subject to a duty of confidentiality under contract or accordingly to their privacy policies.
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of Switzerland and the European Economic Area (”EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of Switzerland and the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes third parties engaged in, among other things, the processing of any payment details and the provision of support services. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure that appropriate safeguards are implemented notably through contracts. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on our and, where applicable, third parties’ secure servers. Any payment transactions are processed by third parties who process payments using accepted security standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We are committed to ensuring a high level of data protection. We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to prevent unauthorized access and to ensure a sufficiently high level of security in relation to the inherent risk involved in data processing, to meet regulatory demands and to protect your rights and your data from the moment your data is collected.
Data retention period
Our online job application form currently asks applicants whether they would like us to keep their information on file. If so, we keep it. If not, data is deleted after 6 months. However, some anonymized data may be kept for KPIs after deletion (for example: gender, region, how you learned about us, education level). With regards to the information submitted on the job application form, it may be shared for HR purposes.
We will only store all the other data that we hold about you only for as long as necessary for the purpose you provided it for unless we need to retain it for longer to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
Links to other websites
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You have the right to ask for the access to, amendment, or deletion of your personal information at any time. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for communications or fundraising purposes. You can enforce your rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel that we have not appropriately handled the matter, you also have the right to refer the matter to the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) of Switzerland. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the FDPIC so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to this policy
By sharing your data with us, including through the use of any our websites, you accept these terms.
Get our latest news, personal stories, research articles, and job opportunities.