Scientific innovation and access for leishmaniasis management
The LEAP Conference brings together scientists, researchers, policy makers, public health practitioners and civil society to discuss the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, control, and elimination of leishmaniasis.
The conference is organized by DNDi and LEAP (a clinical research network that brings together experts from leishmaniasis endemic countries in eastern Africa to facilitate clinical testing and improved access to better treatments for leishmaniasis patients).
The conference had five tracks covering cutaneous, mucocutaneous, visceral form, post-kala- azar dermal leishmaniasis, HIV/VL co-infection, as well as ethics and regulatory issues.
- TRACK 1 – Leishmaniasis: Basic science, translational research, and vaccine development
- TRACK 2 – Advances in R&D and access, diagnosis, and treatment for leishmaniasis
- TRACK 3 – Leishmaniasis prevention, epidemiology, vector control, and elimination
- TRACK 4 – Current advances in cutaneous leishmaniasis
- TRACK 5 – Special session on the impact of COVID-19 on NTDs and training on fundraising tools for Africa