Develop and register a solid, taste-masked, first line LPV/r-based fixed-dose formulation with two nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs), lamivudine and abacavir
current phase of drug development
updated 29 Feb 2020
The objective of the 4-in-1 is to combine the four drugs needed for the treatment of paediatric HIV into an easy-to-use single unit, or fixed dose combination, which is heat-stable, taste-masked, solid, does not contain alcohol or inappropriate solvents.
News & press releases
- 29 November 2019 – HIV treatment for children to be produced for under one dollar a day
- 4 June 2019 – Study for a child-friendly HIV treatment begins in Uganda
- 20 July 2012 – DNDi and Cipla to develop 4-in-1 paediatric antiretroviral drug combination – New formulation to fill the deadly gap in appropriate HIV medicines
- 11 December 2012 – Grant from UNITAID awarded to bolster development and delivery of child-adapted antiretroviral (ARV) formulation
- DNDi‘s Partnership of the Year 2013
Get our latest news, personal stories, research articles, and job opportunities.