The 2023 UN High-Level Meeting will take place on September 20 agenda as they recommit to ending tuberculosis (TB), delivering universal health coverage (UHC) and strengthening pandemic prevention, preparedness, and response.
The Global Health Innovative Technology Fund (GHIT Fund), in collaboration with Nikkei Inc., Government of Japan and Stop TB Partnership, will hold a side event bringing together representatives from international organizations, government officials, the private sector and civil society. This event will highlight how we can tackle future pandemic by looking into the synergies we can expect from the current pandemic (tuberculosis) response.
Join us for a discussion on how Japan can contribute to the fight against communicable diseases in the post-COVID world.
Date: Friday, 22 September
Time: 18:15 – 20:15
Moderator: Osamu Kunii CEO, Global Health Innovative Technology Fund(GHIT Fund)
- Lucica Ditiu, Executive Director, Stop TB Partnership
- Richard Hatchett, CEO, CEPI
- Willo Brock, Executive Vice President, External Affairs, FIND
- Rachel M. Cohen, Senior Advisor, Global Policy Advocacy & Access, DNDi
- Olya Klymenko, Chairperson of the Board, TB People Ukraine
- Eliud Wandwalo, Head of Tuberculosis, Technical Advice and Partnerships Department, Global Fund
- Masataka Akiyama, Representative Director, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, FUJIFILM Healthcare Corporation
- Teik Jun Beh, Clinical Strategy Director, Remedy & Company Corporation
- Eiji Hinoshita, Assistant Minister for Global Health and Welfare, Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Seiya Kato, Director, Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Association (RIT/JATA)
- Akira Shimouchi, Project Director “Strengthening Urban TB Control Program in Kathmandu”, JATA Nepal Office
- Ibrahim Abubakar, Dean, Faculty of Population Health Sciences, University College London