Health systems strengthening is more important than ever, but what exactly does it look like in practice? Why is it so critical today—during and beyond the pandemic?
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited’s Global CSR Program is convening a virtual event on the sidelines of the 76th session of the UN General Assembly to respond to these questions by centering the work and insights of its partners, each of whom addresses health systems strengthening in unique ways and in different settings, as well as the voices of country leaders, frontline health workers, and an acclaimed global health journalist.
Why is health systems strengthening especially critical today (COVID-era); what forms does it take?
Date: 22 September 2021
Time: 9:30pm (Tokyo)
- Dr Josephine Obel, Deputy Director, Access to Health Fund, UNOPS Myanmar
- Mr Olawale Ajose, NTD Head of Access Advisor, DNDi
- Dr Kiyoko Ikegami, Chair of the Board, PLAN International Japan
- Dr Si Thura Executive Director of Community Partners International
- Ms Mia Malan, Founding Editor-in-chief, Bhekisisa