FIND and DNDi are organizing a webinar that will be webcast via FIND’s YouTube Live Stream on Tuesday 27 July 2021 at 15:00 MYT / 09:00 CEST to observe World Hepatitis Day (WHD) with the support from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) and the Malaysian AIDS Council (MAC) under the theme ─ “Hepatitis C can’t wait, Malaysia isn’t waiting”.
Speakers at this webinar include:
- SPECIAL ADDRESS: Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, Director General of Health, MoH, Malaysia
- Dr Meg Doherty, Director, Global HIV, Hepatitis and Sexually Transmitted Infections Programmes, WHO
- Dr Bill Rodriguez, CEO, FIND
- Dr Ying-Ru Jacqueline Lo, Head of Mission and Representative to Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, and Singapore, WHO
- Jean-Michel Piedagnel, Director, DNDi South-East Asia
- Dr Nazrila Hairizan Nasir, Deputy Director (Primary Health), Family Health Development Division, MoH, Malaysia
- Datuk Dr Muhammad Radzi Abu Hassan, National Head of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, MoH, Malaysia
- Anu Karunanithy, Manager of Partnership and HIV-HCV Special Initiatives, MAC
- Sonjelle Shilton, Hepatitis Lead, FIND
Speakers will discuss about Malaysia’s determination and continuous commitment towards hepatitis C elimination and how rapidly Malaysia is moving onto a hepatitis C virus self-testing (HCVST) pilot study right after WHO’s global launch of the 1st HCVST guidelines on 15 July 2021.
Set to be conducted in partnership with a community-based organisation, Malaysian AIDS Council (MAC), the pilot study will build on existing work done for HIV self-testing via the online platform JOM TEST. The outcome of these pilot studies will help guide effective roll-out and scale-up of HCVST services globally, reaching out to people who may otherwise have been missed by facility-based testing.