Organized by Cité des sciences et de l’industrie, this conference brings together actors from the whole continent to discuss lessons learned from African institutions in the industries of research and technology in the fight against COVID-19 and what support these institutions bring to the people.
Africa and the Covid-19 crises: Assets and challenges
Round tables organized in partnership with Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD), Emerging Valley, and the media outlet Pour la Science.
Date: Wednesday, 31 March 2021
Moderator: Anne-Cécile Bras, Journalist, RFI
- Glenda Gray, President and CEO of the South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC), co-Principal Investigator of the National Institutes of Health-funded HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN), Professor at the Wits University
- Lucien Manga, WHO Representative, DRC
- Nicaise Ndembi, Africa CDC
- Borna Nyaoke, Senior Clinical Project Manager & Medical Manager, DNDi, Kenya
- Khoudia Sow, Chercheuse en anthropologie de la santé (CRCF)/TransVIHMI
- Noël Tordo, Director of Institut Pasteur, Guinea