AHAIC 2021 is an African-led biennial global health convening hosted by Amref Health Africa, a leading health development organisation in Africa founded in 1957. This year, the virtual conference is co-convened by Africa CDC, Roche, Takeda Pharmaceuticals and the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations (IFPMA). The theme of this year’s conference is “Decade for action: Driving momentum to achieve UHC in Africa“.
Why the African Medicines Agency? Why now?
Organized by IFPMA & International Alliance of Patients’ Organizations (IAPO)
Date: Wednesday, 10 March 2021
Time: 16:20-17:20 EAT
- Mary Ampomah, President & CEO, Global Alliance of Sickle Cell Disease Organizations
- Emmanuel Mujuru, Board Chair, FAPMA
- Eva Mubia Njenga, Chair, NCDs Alliance of Kenya
- Oksana Pyzik, Founder, UCL Fight the Fakes
- Kawaldip Sehmi, CEO, IAPO
- Yaw Asare-Aboagye, Head of Regional Clinical Operations, DNDi East Africa
- Margaret Dr Agama-Anyetei, Head of Health, Population and Nutrition Division, African Union Commission
- Isaac Nii Ofoli Anang, Chairperson, African Regional Office, International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation
- Philip Tagboto, Association of Representatives of Ethical Pharmaceutical Industry (AREPI)