Organized by the World Health Organization, the objectives of the COVID-19 Global Research and Innovation Forum are to accelerate innovative research to help contain the spread of the pandemic and facilitate care for those affected, and to support research priorities that contribute to the development of global research
platforms and, to build on the knowledge from the current pandemic to better prepare for the next unforeseen epidemic.
How can Research Funders further contribute to fair and equitable access to life saving interventions?
Date: Thursday, 13 May 2021
Moderator: Bernard Pécoul, Executive Director, DNDi
- Tom Kariuki, Director of Programmes, African Academy of Science (AESA)
- Trevor Mundel, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), USA
- Richard Hatchett, Chief Executive Officer, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI)
- Charlotte Watts, Chief Scientific Adviser, Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, UK
- Charu Kaushic, Chair of the Global Research Collaboration for Infectious Disease Preparedness (GLOPID-R)
- Colin McIff, Deputy Director of the Office of Global Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, USA
- Jeremy Farrar (TBC), Director of Wellcome, UK